Creation Kids Village (CKV) a newly formed early education center, opening August 1, 2013 is seeking highly qualified Lead Teachers to serve infants through Kindergarteners. CKV is currently seeking Lead Teachers with a genuine love for all children.
Reporting to the Director, Lead Teachers are responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and spiritual development of each child enrolled in a group. Responsibilities include managing all facets of the classroom, including:
- Provides a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Organizes and leads activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Observes, evaluates, and reports children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Uses curriculum and enhancements continually to support CKV’s educational philosophy.
- Identifies children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discusses them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Communicates with parents in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Represents the staff, center and company with positive attitude while teaching, mentoring or representing the company.
- Provides clear, accurate and grammatically correct correspondence with parents, staff, and external customers.
- Acts as a positive role model and displays leadership qualities when mentoring or teaching staff.
- Attends all mandatory training sessions relevant to classroom of responsibility offered by the company and communicates information to subordinates.
- Practices appropriate discipline techniques as established by the company and state licensing.
- Directly supervises assigned assistant teachers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Qualifications & Requirements
- Education qualifications
- An undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Social Work, Nursing or other child related field of study, or
- An undergraduate degree out of field with 3 courses (9 credits) in early childhood, or
- An Associates degree with at least 3 courses (9 credit hours) in early childhood/child development, or
- A FCCPC (Florida Child Care Professional Credential), a CCP from another state, or a National CDA (Child Development Associate) credential, or an equivalent competency based credential.
- Experiential requirements
- With a Bachelors degree; one year experience with young children in a similar setting
- With a CDA or FCCPC; three years of experience working with young children in a similar setting
- Additional requirements
- Infant and Child CPR and First Aid (required for ½ of all personnel)
- Training in Early Literacy (.5 CEUs or one 3 credit college class)
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety.
- Experience with High Reach and Creative Cirriculum
- Experience using Daily Connect and Teaching Strategies Gold Online
- Understanding of CREATION Health and the Healthy 100 lifestyle
- Understanding of Reggio Emilia
- Graduate degree in Education, Curriculum, Child Development, or Child Psychology
- High level of technology proficiency specifically in Microsoft Office and ProCare
If you are interested in a position but do not possess the required lead teacher credentials outlined above, please apply for an Assistant Teacher position (HS Diploma required, will train).